Join the behind-the scenes team that makes it all happen. Volunteering with us is the perfect way to join a very dynamic, enthusiastic and fun team. You will meet new people and experience a memorable day of mud, sweat and cheers. You’ll also get a free race pass for any single UK race in our 2018 calendar (Sprint, Super or Beast – Open Heat Only).
We have 2 shifts that you can choose from:
- Sprint or Super Shift 1: 06:00 to 14:00
- Sprint or Super Shift 2: 12:00 to 20:00
- Beast Shift 1: 06:00 to 14:00
- Beast Shift 2: 13:00 to 21:00
AM or PM Shift
- Free FastPass (parking, bag drop and 10% merchandise discount)
- Free volunteer t-shirt
- Free venue t-shirt
- Free food bag
- Free camping
- Free race pass (valid for any single UK Spartan Sprint, Super or Beast Open Heat, valid for 1 calendar year)
Full Day Shift
As well as the AM and PM rewards full day volunteers will also receive:
- Free KitBrix
- Free volunteer hoodie
- Free volunteer patch
- Free beanie
- Full day shift volunteers for the Beast get a DryRobe
The ‘Bring a Buddy’ Campaign
- Bring 1 buddy and get 20% off (one time use only) for on-site merch
- Bring 2 buddies and get a free volunteer vest
- Bring 3+ buddies and get 25% off (one time use only) for on-site merch
- Volunteers need to email firstname.lastname@example.org including names and email addresses of buddies to reclaim on-site
About the Volunteering Opportunity
Volunteering at any Spartan Race is extremely rewarding and you don’t need previous experience to take part. We want you to be highly enthusiastic, motivated, feel comfortable volunteering in a fast-paced working environment and most importantly, to have lots of fun and have a great experience.
Spartan Race volunteers also get a free single race pass! (Sprint, Super or Beast – Open Heat Only)
Volunteer Roles and Descriptions:
Course Marshal: Located on the course at an obstacle you will be providing plenty of encouragement for all participants as they run, crawl, climb and throw their way to victory! Don’t forget the most important rule… Failure = 30 Burpees.
Registration: Welcome and register all race participants for the day. Computer training is provided.
Bag Drop: Our manned locker service for racers to safely store their belongings while they race.
Finish Line: Welcome the victorious racers back with big smiles and high praises for their efforts! Make sure that every racer receives a well-deserved medal, finisher T-shirt, water and snacks.
Junior Race: Be involved with the juniors aged 4-13 years old as they compete for glory as well! Position available on Sprint and Super events – there is no Spartan Junior Race on Beast events.
Festival: Keeping the Festival area a safe and tidy environment for everyone to enjoy and assisting with the car parking area management and organisation.
Please click here to find the Spartan UK Crew Volunteers private group on Facebook and request to join. Here you can interact with other like-minded volunteers and me to discuss pre-race arrangements and post all your awesome race day photos!
If you have any questions about volunteering at a Spartan Race please click on the red Help button in the bottom right corner of your screen, submit your enquiry and we will get back to you very soon.